Sunday, February 26, 2017

Who's Having the Best Week Ever?? This Girl!

This week has been incredible!  I honestly keep pinching myself to be sure it is indeed real.  Here's a quick recap of why I'm so ecstatic:

1.  Last Sunday and today, I felt amazing at ROC Training.  Last week was more cardio intensive with lots of running between obstacles, and today was more focused on specific training of skills like climbing ropes and walls, grip strength holds, spear throwing, and even a low crawl.  Very different workouts, but I felt like I could tackle both and never needed to stop.  I'm getting more and more excited as my first Spartan race grows closer.  Just six weeks away!!

2.  I was able to do Team Week workouts at Jungle Gym this week and felt like I could really contribute to my team without holding back.  In the past, team workouts always made me nervous because I feared not being able to pull my weight or having to stop.  I never wanted to let my team down or be the weak link.  This week, I felt like I could truly give my all to help my team.

3.  I made it through an entire Kettlebell class WITHOUT STOPPING!  I did all the power swings, all the speed skaters, and all the jumping jacks!  I've been taking that class for years, and I've never been able to do that without stopping due to pain.  It was such an exhilarating feeling!!!


It's amazing to think that changes I've put in place have amounted to this huge of a transformation in my quality of life.  But I believe that small changes in turn mean other more significant changes, and the positive effects build.  By cutting out coffee, I'm not only reducing inflammation, but I'm also sleeping better.  By sleeping better, I feel more rested, which helps me make better choices about my diet.  I also have less stress, which in turn means less pain.  I try to follow my plan 100% during the work week, which is pretty easy since I just eat what I bring with me.  On the weekends, I'm a little more relaxed and enjoy some meals or drinks out with friends.  This balance seems to be working well, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on life.

What also excites me is I see changes on the outside as well.  Since I feel better, I can finally give my all during workouts.  This has led to more progress in a shorter amount of time, which is really motivating and keeps me going.  I'm seeing more muscle on my frame, and I'm also witnessing what my body can do!  I'm making slow and steady gains on smaller lifts and body weight exercises, and I'm excited to see how I do with the big lifts during PR Week at Jungle Gym.  Bring on the squats, presses, cleans, and deadlifts!



I took this photo today, and it perfectly sums up how I'm feeling.  I'm happy, I'm proud, and I'm hopeful for what's to come.  I thank God every day that I'm finding relief and truly getting to live in the moment and enjoy life.  And I honestly believe that my positivity is radiating out beyond just myself.  When we take care of ourselves, we can then take care of others.






No comments:

Post a Comment